New York Criminal Defense Lawyers
If you have been charged with a criminal offense, contacted as part of a government criminal investigation, or harmed by police misconduct in New York, you can turn to Goldberg & Allen, LLP, for experienced counsel and representation.
Results-Driven Criminal Defense and Civil Lawsuit Representation
We are a proven, collaborative team of two former First Deputy Bureau Chiefs in the Kings County District Attorney’s Office. Since establishing our private practice in 1996, we have focused on applying our skills to high-stakes criminal defense — and holding New York City authorities accountable for abuses of power.
Our criminal defense work is active, rigorous, and informed by our extensive knowledge of criminal law, police procedures, and prosecution strategies. One area of clear strength is DWI defense — more critical than ever for defendants due to recent changes in the law that make consequences of conviction far more severe.
Do You Need an NYC DWI Attorney or Felony Defense Lawyer?
With approximately 50 years of legal experience between us, as New York criminal defense attorneys, we are equally well equipped to defend you against allegations of:
- White collar crimes such as embezzlement or fraud
- Serious driving and trafficcrimes such as driving while your license is suspended or drunk driving — including felony DWI or underage DWI (we do not handle speeding ticket cases)
- A full range of felonies and misdemeanors, including murder/homicide, attempted murder, manslaughter, domestic violence or any level of assault — as well as harassment, various weapons offenses and sex crimes
- Property and financial crimes such as theft, robbery, burglary and larceny
- Drug crimes at the state or federal level, including drug sales and trafficking cases as well as possession of marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine or another controlled substance
Proven Counsel and Action When the Authorities Have Violated Your Rights
We are proven trial lawyers as well as strong negotiators who work hard to maintain our reputation for integrity and impeccable case preparation. Our recent successes also include several high-profile victories earned by Jay K. Goldberg in both criminal matters and cases of false arrest and police brutality. We also handle claims such as:
- Police misconduct
- Excessive use of force
- Injuries due to handcuff and arrest process
- Police shootings
- Taser and stun gun injuries
- Street encounters with police: ID requests and searches
Call 212-766-3366 to Request a Free Initial Consultation
We want you to find the best attorney for your overall circumstances, and we provide honest, direct information about our approach and our fees to help you make sound decisions. To talk with a knowledgeable criminal lawyer, NYC DWI attorney or police brutality claims attorney about your problem, contact us today.